Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Social Stigmas - It is Not Real/Your Crazy


Over the years I have encountered three individuals out of many that were hostile to the concept that
UFO/Aliens are real, and I am an abductee. My experiences:

The first individual I met I disclosed this information because there was a possibility of a romantic involvement some 4 years ago. The individual was a professional "sign language" admin working in education, and was of a non-Chinese Asian descent. When I mentioned this he was "WHAT?". It was apparently a deal breaker, as he said you are crazy and never mention this to me again. It was anger and disbelief. This would be after the 5th time we hung out, after that we parted ways . . . . This was the first time I was told I was crazy by someone just flat out.

The second individual JL22 I encountered on a message board last year regarding UFO-Aliens. He disclosed to me and made it public that he had dealt with many abduction issues and personal issues in his life.His information was very detailed. Sadly a month ago, he was absolutely convinced and along with a psychiatrist that the entire situation was a mental illness and was an incorrect paradigm of reality. Sadly I am no longer aware of his current condition. I must admit at the end of our last correspondences, I felt saddened that he was struggling so hard with this issue (among others) that he became rather hostile. I do hope situation have improved with him as he is brilliant far above what your would expect.

The third individual ironically is someone that is an enigma, that recently has come into my life. They have traveled, experienced, and seen many things. It was admitted they have an interest in the paranormal and have seen some "shit" as they put it. This individual is very daring and courageous, and likewise very intelligent and charismatic. However when I disclosed the fact that I research UFO and Alien Abductions, his reaction/response was immediately "hostile". His reaction lead me to quickly change the subject.
On the second occasion we meet, I mentioned some studies on paralyzing life forms with UV light and the plausibility of DHT/THC being enhanced by ionized argon via calcium intake in the human body. This time the reaction was "Your Stupid and that shit is not real", in a more calm and disbelieving manner.
However there is a lead as to why I got a hostile reaction, which I might pursue. There seems to be an incident that he doesn't want to mention which may or may not be related.... it was stated "I don't want to talk about that shit. Yet I saw something".

So the two things we as abductees/conctactess  have to deal with is the fact people will think we are crazy.
People seem to have five possible reactions: "Disbelief", "Hostility", "Ambivalence", "Acceptance", and "Curiosity".

"Disbelief" is the most common negative response. It is usually taken because the concept/idea in their mind view is highly unlikely. They believe that these are fantasies, delusions, and nightmares equivalent to Santa Claus, faeries, angels, demons, ghosts, gods, or God. Since science and societal reasoning has not been provided with actual evidence or acceptance, then these concepts are invalid. Reasons why people usually disbelieve might come from fear of the unknown, conformity issues, or simply the threshold of proof has simply not been meet.

"Hostility" is another response which is highly questionable. Disbelief in contrast follows some form of reasoning, using logic.Hostile reactions are much more emotional, which is highly suspect of a personal experience. These experience could stem from a personal close encounter, negative reaction from authoritarian/important figures regarding topic, or issues with conformity. It makes no sense why a person would be hostile to the idea of aliens/ufos? The only comparison I can make is that to the hostility homosexuals, ethnic minorities, or certain religious groups receive. Most of the hostility coming from them are due to a result of misinformation, intolerance, and fear, and belief that such groups/individual have a corrupting influence on society.     

However, despite these two types of reactions.... I have personally experience more of the "Acceptance" and "Curiosity" than anything. Many individuals who I have discussed this issue about usually have their own experiences to share. Others have heard accounts from their friends and relatives, and still many a sure we are not the only ones in the universe. Those who are ambivalent about the topic are few... they honestly don't care and have an opinion. In truth "we"  are not only for there are many of us how are talking, expressing, and documenting what is happening around us. Although not all of the experiences are by the same group, there "is" something definitely happening. If we all share the information we can find out the truth and acceptance.

 

2 comments:

  1. Even very basic ufo sighting reports are ridiculed nowadays. Something is going on when there are about a dozen (or more) ghost 'reality' investigative programs on tv, but no ufo investigative programs. UFO Hunters lasted just a few seasons and wasn't renewed. That other UFO investigative program (with James Fox) came out last year and was never picked up for a 2nd season, as far as I know. I think it has to do with the idea of ufos (and aliens) being extremely disturbing to most people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true. It is weird that paranormal.supernatural research is given more acceptance. I personally think its is that with UFO/Aliens, most contact/sighting are not a repeatable as ghost are, plus 90% of the time a ghost just bothers you.... put Aliens Abductions.... well they are more personally vicious. If it is disturbing, it may be that many are seeing something they don't want to face.

    ReplyDelete