Wednesday, September 19, 2012

MUFON-LA and my first Meeting



A few months ago I did address the topic of one of the most widely known UFO groups out there known as MUFON. The society has been around for quite sometime, and a number of professionals and enthusiasts a have been in the field documenting the phenomena of UFOs and associated paranormal activity.

Yesterday I attend my first meeting. There speaker for that night was Ruben Uriarte , a researcher who has been featured on various documentaries concerning the UFO Phenomena. His subject matter for that night was an overview of two incidents, both that are local to California. The first incident he shared with us was a UFO crash that took place in Mexico. In which the wreckage of an UFO craft was found, bodies retrieved, and all evidence was given to the United States.  The story has been document in the UFO Files television show.



The second topic for the night was incident in Northern California, which took place Cisco Grove near Lake Taho. It was a first hand account of a man's encounter with a UFO, Alien beings, and his fight for survival as he fended them off. It also went into detail about the government contacting him as well. The full account can be read in Aliens in the Forest, and  featured in this YouTube Radio broadcast which was basically the presentation given.



They also covered some of MUFON history, it's purpose and goals, and shared some of the statistics they collected over the years concerning sightings. There was a brief Q&A session in which attendees were invited to share comments and ask questions in general. In addition, there was mention of another meet up group concerned with the related phenomena of "Hybrid Children" and individuals who have had these experiences can share them there and hopefully find support.


Now the most important part in my opinion, the overall meeting and how things went.........

The attendees are from all walks of life, ethnic and cultural backgrounds. I did not note any people of Asian descent. The majority of attendees are middle age to older adults. The ratio of men and women, seems to favor more single women in the audience. The MUFON representatives were very approachable, and their PR director was one of the most friendly individuals I have ever meet that re-assured us and made us feel most welcome. Before the meeting some people next to me were sharing an experience of "Deer Mutilation" that encountered up in the pacific northwest. My initial feelings about the meeting that many of the people are enthusiasts, and I did meet an individual who was an going through some experiences.

She basically confirmed my initial thoughts about the group, and she conveyed the same feelings that perhaps this groups objects and goals did not meet her needs or had answers/references for her questions. I truly empathized with her, as I recognized the exact feelings that she was going threw... the same energy and look in her eyes. My heart truly went out to her and I did my best to offer some of my experiences and what I have learned through my own research and realization. I offered her some alternative on the web in which she could possibly find support and answers she may needed. I really hope that she can find peace and find what she needs.


The statistical analysis that was shared was rather intriguing, and I would have hoped they would have gone into greater detail. From what I could compare, is that there was some correlation between their numbers and my own in the sense that the number of alien sightings have been on downward trend overall. The was a disclaimer about their numbers though.... they are all reported cases. Keep in mind that there are a number of of cases that go unreported, and that the primary language they use is in English. As for myself all of my experiences have never been reported to MUFON. As to why.... their site and system of contact was not very user friendly. In addition, we who have had experiences fear a great number of things from social stigma, personal gripes of admitting it, and fear that we will be monitored further.


It seems that majority of information about the groups and its activities have transitioned to their Facebook and Meet.Up.com sites. Although these sites are intended to bring people together, I feel it is a hassle to sign up for another social site and would have preferred everything be on heir main Chapter Site.

I will be attend further meetings with an Associate who has become a full fledged member for his own interests and agree to accompany them as support. I encourage individual to attend a meeting and see that their is a community for you. It is important to remember that MUFON main objective is the study of the crafts itself, the technology used, and to gather data on the events in understanding the technology and related phenomena. It is an organization for researchers. During the course of these studies, which is secondary is the biological entities who have piloted these craft and the abduction phenomena.....from my impression that is not what MUFON is for. As I meet up with them I may learn more, and perhaps there is a group within the organization that specifically deals with the Biological Entities and Abductions.

1 comment:

  1. This is your associate...I am pleased we were able to attend together...I had my own impression of the MUFON LA meeting, which was very positive...Last night's meeting was my intitation into the world of UFOLOGY...I acknowledge you have your own specific interests and needs...I am concerned that you find information on the issues that are pressing you...There are others like you

    ReplyDelete