Saturday, July 6, 2013

My Aunts Early Accounts

Date: Circa 1940-1948
Type: CE4
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Time of Incidents: 1:00am-4:00am
Attempted Time of Sleep: 9:00pm
State of Mind Before: N/A
State of Mind After: N/A
Odd occurrences before: N/A.
Odd occurrences after: N/A.
Possible Influential Factors: World War II Drills, Battle of Los Angeles.

I been going through my records on the E-blogger and couldn't find mention of the following incidents my aunt related to me when she was younger. They may be mentioned elsewhere, but I am reposting them here.

Incident #1 Circa 1940-1941 (The People in the Room)
   When my aunt was born, she was diagnosed with polio. She was an identical twin to my mother. They lived about a few miles from our current location deeper in the Boyle Heights area along Townsend Ave and Brooklyn... (wrongly renamed Ceasar Chavez Ave in the1990s). My grandparent lived there along with their five daughters. The fiver daughters all shared a single room. My aunt could not walk, but the doctors at that time thought if they put my aunt in brace it would straighten out her legs.
   My aunt recalls that around age three "little people" would visit her and talk to her. Since she was usually left alone,  they kept her company.The family would sometimes hear here in the room and wonder who she was talking too. My mother mentioned the incident, that one night my aunt was found sitting in a chair in the living room and it freaked my grand parents out. My aunt mentioned this incident a few days ago to me.....
   My aunts did state that "people" would come and talk to her. One night they picked her up and took her to the living room and sat her down on the chair. She does not remember their faces, but recalls them as shadow images. Apparently when they got to the chair my grandfather woke up because he felt something amiss. He could see that my aunt was in the living room, he called out to her and my aunt responded "Don't turn the light on. They are in here". My grandfather immediately turned the light on and rushed in. He wondered how she was in the chair, and my grandmother woke up since I guess my grandfather yelled when he turned the lights on. My mother remember getting up and everyone talking about how, my aunt got to the chair. My aunt said that after that, my grandfather put a night light in her room  and told her not to be scared.
My aunt slept in the same room as her other four sisters, but they would comeback and try to talk to her every once in a while.

Incident #2 Circa 1943-1948 (The Mysterious Doctors)
   As my aunt's conditioned was not improving, they sent her to the Los Angeles Orthopedic Hospital which is located on Flower and Adams Blvd in Los Angeles. This is again a few miles away....near the USC campus. During her treatment there she recalls that doctors and nurses would come to the ward late at night from around 1:00am to 4:00am. They were dress all in white as orderly, doctors, and nurses where, but she could not recall the faces and remember most of them had big eye goggles on. They would take her out and do tests on her from a physical examination to psychological like tests. She never thought that anything was  amiss since she was in the hospital. However when I began to her and I was asking her about her history this incident came up. I mentioned that they normally would not run any tests from 1:00am to 4:00am in back then, as most of the hospital staff is gone for the night. Plus when she describe the doctors and nurse of the time period and I asked her to think of the "things" she has now vividly recalled nowadays.... she was scared as she realize how similar they look.... and thinks that those being were not doctor/nurses after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment