Tuesday, January 10, 2012

MUFON


MUFON was founded in 1969, and is a non-profit organization that has dedicated itself to the study of the UFO phenomenon. The acronym stands for Mutual UFO Network. The organization is headed by various educated individuals from many fields of study. Researchers and volunteers help gather information which they compile into their own database do help validate claims of sightings and abductions.

They also have chapters across the United States and overseas, since the phenomena  is cross-cultural and global. Various chapters, such as MUFON LA, can be found in most major cities, and can be a resource for individuals who wish to study or those who have experienced an encounter. They also have a newsletter you can subscribe, and attend events that range from seminars to symposiums, and have a tracker which show the latest activity.

Someone posed a reply to one of my blog postings, which I would like to address openly:

1) "Have you contacted MUFON? They can send an investigator out".

I have been to their website, looked the local chapter, and I found it to be something that I found to be lacking.Although the website and their organizations reputes to be professional.... I am concerned with my confidential information. I have no qualms dealing with a certified doctor, psychologist, or other verified professional.... but when it comes to non-profit and volunteer groups I am skeptical. I assume that MUFON members have already come across my blog as many people search the net.... and authors and researchers likewise may have come across my postings. My information is out there as detailed as possible. So there is nothing I believe that a researcher from MUFON can do for me. I for myself have a college degree in a scientific field as well as training in counseling. I have applied the scientific method, as although I am an individual who is experiencing the phenomena, I am being as objective as possible.

2) So what about me being a benefit to them?

MUFON's dedication and original purpose is to the UFO's or as they would like to term "UFOLOGY". I am not here to discuss necessarily the possibility/probability of the existence of spaceships. Engineers and Physicists have been already exploring that angle for years. Although the groups has gone into the area of "Alien Contact", that is still debatable as we have reports of various types of beings being encountered.
 The field involves psychology, sociology, and the medical sciences. Currently most groups tend to jumble everyone into one group, which I disagree with as I believe different "visitors" have their own unique agendas and are aware of our daily going ons. Last thing I would want is to have another group of visitors. Also I feel that by blogging it allows me to a source that has no connections to orginzations that wish to promote a certain agenda.

In closing, MUFON, is a great source for individuals. It is just something I feel, especially the Local chapter, I have no interest with.
 

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I actually have two friends that are pretty high up in MUFON and I have told them of my stories and really asked them, what could you possibly do if they come thru the wall and take me? I mean, your not there to stop them, and you can't.. so what's the point of making a report...

    ReplyDelete