Friday, March 16, 2012

Back to the Beginning

During the past five years, and thank goodness for satellite maps... I have been able to go back and Identify the area of my first encounter. The following maps are from 2012 in the Irwindale area of Los Angeles County.
Now the first incident happened when I was very young, and mind you the area was a bit more sparse. We had no connection to the neighbors around us since my father and his girlfriend were renting the home. I know this is the area mainly because it was drilled into my head. This was someplace I never wanted to go on weekends. My grandfather and mom always told me to look for landmarks and taught me always how to find my way home.

To the east in the field, there was a railroad track. My brother and I would wander through the area and play. One time my brother was playing on the rail road track and I had to get his leg out. This was the 70's and kids safety wasn't an issue. Also I remember walking along the street and remember the "canyon"/quarry as I called it.

The house we had looks like it was demolished, the layout of the house simple. Two Bedrooms, One Bathroom, Kitchen and Living Room. To the east was the street and to the west was the backyard.


Here is the current satellite view as it is today:


And yet a wider view....


As you can see the current stretch of land is rather sparse, and in the 1970's it was a bit less developed.
The odd thing about the block is that it has several lot in the middle of it. One property seems to access two lots in the middle. While several other seem to have just a large amount of grass areas (extra backyard).
Any trace evidence of the event may be long since gone. However, due to the location... other sighting could have occurred. Sadly I have found no evidence or reports of the phenomena happening in that area except for several friend I would meet later that experienced things in nearby cities within the county of Los Angeles.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I have only just found your site.

    I am particularly impressed with the thoroughness of your reporting.

    I have a similar site of my own, where I share my own odd experiences. You and I have differing experiences, but some are similar.

    You are quite open with your depressive issues. Thanks for that, this parallels my own life.

    I have scottish ancestry. My last name is Clelland.

    I am particularly impressed that you have a checklist that includes:
    State of Mind Before
    State of Mind After
    Odd occurrences before
    Odd occurrences after
    Possible Influential Factors

    These are vital! And I know that MUFON does NOT include these in their own checklist during an investigation.

    Here is my blog:
    http://hiddenexperience.blogspot.com/

    wishing you great strength and deep peace,
    Mike C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found your site today :-) Very interesting! I have experienced some strange stuff too and I have begun to write about it on my blog:
    http://searchinginmydreams.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete