Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Unusual Rabbits


I mentioned this before about the white rabbit. For the past couple of months (since last year) there have been a number of sighting of white rabbits roaming my neighborhood. A coincidence that these rabbits seem to have appeared during an event in which I am being left alone for the most part.

Anyways these rabbits are usually wandering around my neighborhood in a north and west of my home.
There is a pack of at least 5 different bunnies roaming around. Like normal rabbits they prefer to wander around between 1 and 5 am. What is unusual is that I live in the city where wandering rabbits are not common.
However I have many illegal/Mexicans individuals that have moved into the surrounding neighborhood.
They have bought with them a number of chickens and I wouldn't be surprised rabbits and mistreated dogs (yes I have a problem with these people and there disregard for law and the ethical treatment of domestic animal companions).

Any how I am assuming that these rabbits are normal rabbits that somehow nightly escape there cages/habitats and wander the streets. They have so eluded cars, cats, rats, and dogs that would normally kill them. I have assumed they are some other residents lose pets or living under someones house.

Yet the rabbits have acted strangely or just in their nature. I know rabbit are alert and are aware of you before you see them. They are usually staring at you when you approach. These rabbits though are always watching.

1) Across the street when I came out two rabbit where standing by the tree on their hind legs watching me move my car out of the garage. They did not scamper away...but watched me until I left the house.

2)When waiting for a friend to pick me up for breakfast (2 am).. A rabbit made its way to the tree across the street and began staring at me. To my left another rabbit made its way within 20 feet to the grass curbside and stared at me. A third rabbit Northwest of my position across the street over on the corner was standing up watching me. No cars had passed by for about 30 mins.... but they scatted and when a motorist passed by.   

For now these seems to be rabbits... but it is an odd occurance.


No comments:

Post a Comment