Monday, July 23, 2012

Humming and Snaps

Date: July 23rd 2012
Type: Dream, C.E. 4
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Time of Incidents: 3:06 am-3:50am
Attempted Time of Sleep: 2:50am
State of Mind Before: Physically Exhausted
State of Mind After: Anxiety
Odd occurrences before: None.
Odd occurrences after: None.
Possible Influential Factors: Extreme Stress & Depression

Yesterday despite all the chaos in my life in taking care of my sick aunt, hanging on to my job, and my personal issues...it was not that bad of day and was rather nice. Even late at night things were all right.
It wasn't until I was getting ready for bed did things take a turn for the worse in moods and sounds.

As I lay down to sleep, there was this odd humming that was conflicting with the fan I have. The fan was steady and constant with no blockage or breeze to cause it to make other pitch. The humming was not from the kitchen as the fridge makes a unique sound. The humming went on for a good 15min before it got weird.
As I was trying to fall asleep, the humming had an odd warbled vocal sound. I noticed it when I turned my head in a certain position. It had to be just right and I would hear this warble. The oddity about this was that it was not random sounds, but was reminiscent of a conversation between at least three voices. When I came to this realization that when I got scared. During this time I was also have some oddity with my vision.
The light and shadows about the room were behaving oddly in the sense there was small light flares from the LEDs in my room and shadows would deepen and distort.

At this time I was attempting to debunk the audio and visual distortions.The warble I thought may be a result of either a physical ear issue in the canal (none) or psychological suggestive interpretation. The warbled sounds was very reminiscent of the ambient kami vocals in "Paranoia Agent" anime. The humming I thought could be electrical or from the freeway. I turned the fan off. The humming went on, but the voice stopped.
Even when I had the fan back on and my head in various positions I could not repeat the incident. The humming was also not entire consistent in it oscillation or intensity. At various times it sounded as if it was moving very slowly as if positioning itself. At time it would spike, which happened at least 15 times.
Around 3:45 as I was wide awake I had the sensation I was jerked forward and placed back down. The sensation last only a second, but the difference in the clock was 5 min. I was wide awake and alert at 3:45 and thinking, and in mid-thought I was jerk and the clocked jumped to 3:50. I dismissed this at first I if I was falling asleep, but I should have fallen face first on the floor.... plus my alertness level was high before and after the incident.

Around 4:30am the humming faded away and I felt comfortable enough to fall asleep.   



1 comment:

  1. It seems like that time, around 03:45 AM, is when lots of strange things happen.
    I have also experienced strange humming sounds, in my head and in my apartment. A very low frequency. Could you discribe the sound that you have been hearing?

    ReplyDelete