Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Not So Imaginary Friends of the 1940's

The Twins

My aunt was born with Polio during the 1930's. This left her unable to walk without the aid of crutches.
She is the twin sister of my my mother. As a child my aunt was taken the the Los Angeles Orthopedic Hospital and the Los Angeles Children's Hospital several times for correct surgery in order to strengthen her legs and feet. She was even a poster child for the March of Dimes that helped out. None of the procedures worked. My aunt stayed indoors, read, listened to the radio, colored, and pretty much stayed by herself. She did go to school, and on the weekends was very close to her father as they would go to the movies and have ice cream. My mother was an average lil tom boy at that age playing with the local neighborhood kids and getting in trouble. They had three older sisters.

Since my aunt was pretty much left to herself she had two imaginary friends. One was a little cowboy who would come and tell her stories. The other was a little elf that would come and cheer her up and play games.
She had these imaginary friends for awhile. Then one day at the Children's Hospital she saw someone walking around outside in the hallway. It was nighttime, it looked lost and she said hello. It was a small being with a big head. She said "Hello". It communicated said "Hello. I was looking for you. Your name is *****." My aunt was surprised and asked how did it know. It said "We know all about you and have watched over you for some time. Do you know who I am?" My aunt guessed an angel. It communicated "No. I came from another place, where the stars are." My aunt said okay, and said good night since she was sleepy thinking she made a new friend.

She recalls that a few nights later, her big headed friend bought more people with him. My aunt questioned as to who are they. It communicated back "These are my other friends. They come to help me". My aunt  was confused and asked what did they want to do. It communicated "We just want to know what you think. We want to talk to you and ask questions". So they talked. They asked her about her family, what was wrong with her, did she believe in god, what was her favorite foods, etc. My aunt asked how did they know her, why were they watching, where did you come from, how did you get here, and can my sister play with you too? They told her about the planet they came from, told her that they had a vehicle that allowed them to travel like a plane, they said we are watching you because you are "special", and "No your sister can't play with us, we are not interested in her".

Oddly enough they would show up and talk. Ironically though her original imaginary friends "The Cowboy" and "The Elf" did not show up as much. What was worse, the "Cowboy" and "Elf" would tel her "I go to go know. They are coming" and would disappear and "They" would walk in. The "Elf" warned her one time saying "I need to leave they are coming. I need to tell you they are dangerous. Do not play with them. I got to go" and would disappear. My aunt was said because he friends could not play together. "They" communicated to her "What is wrong". She said her other friends kept running away, and she wanted all them to play together. They told her "Those other friend are not like us.We are real. They are not allowed around us." My aunt was confused, but "they" responded I can bring more so we can play if that make you happy.

This went off and on for several years until my grandmother became annoyed and said my aunt was getting too old for imaginary friends. My aunt tried to tell her they were real and one she showed them a picture of them my grandmother crumbled it up and threw it in the garbage and said "see you miss behaving and your seeing devils". She told my grandfather and they took my aunt to see a psychologist. My aunt clammed up because the night before "They" told her not to say anything. She said that "My mom says I can't talk to any of you anymore. You have to leave". They communicated back "We will be watching".

As I said I do not go into detail with my aunt about these cases and she is too scared to read about this on this blog, and avoids programs and topics because she gets scared.. I was surprised she was able to communicate this to me all rather vividly. What was oddest is the fact that she describes the typical "interaction" they have with children as well as their interaction that I have had in  "Asking questions" and "talking". I asked her, why is she remembering all this now.... she says she doesn't know why... but from the tidbits I shared with her... she says as I stated before "so it really did happen". Basically her recall is being jogged because I am vocal about it and what information I should and explained... makes things make more sense. After discussing the family history and her looking at things again.... the memories come back as she agrees, there was something unusual going on.
 

5 comments:

  1. Your aunt and your mom are adorable in that photo! ... I'm thinking that it would have been the late 1930s into the early 1940s when your aunt 'met' these beings in the hospital for the first time... From her description it seems like the large-headed small-bodied greys. ... It fits the scenario of other people who have older relatives that remember these beings, pre-WW2 ... That suggests this isn't some new phenomena, but has been around for who knows how long and seems to track certain members of families. ...BTW, I think you're a terrific nephew for taking care of your aunt and living with her! ... In today's American society so many older folks are just shuffled off to nursing homes (which are mostly hell holes). ... Bless you and your aunt!

    ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that. It also means alot to both of us.
      I told she is not alone, and as I said she has come to grips what has been going on.

      Delete
  2. I agre with Susan. You are super strong and we have talked about "them" all the time. Be safe and strong.. my mighty power ranger. =) You know I'm here for you anytime bud.. R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad that my openness about this subject has helped others, and in turn has bought wonderful people like you and Susan. I thank you both for always being there and sharing your information and support. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Hi I live in Los Angeles also. I accidentally stumbled stumbled on this site. Thank you for sharing your experiences and from one Angelino to another, I offer support to you.

    luke g 310 @ aol. com(without the space)

    ReplyDelete